- 1 *144# USSD code to check Safaricom balance
- 2 *141# USSD code to top up Safaricom line
- 3 *100# USSD code to check your Safaricom account details and buy bundles
- 4 *544# USSD code to buy Safaricom data bundles and all in one monthly bundles (minutes)
- 5 *140# USSD code to sambaza airtime from your Safaricom line to another number
- 6 *444# USSD code to check and buy offers via Safaricom Tunukiwa menu
- 7 *131# USSD code to get Safaricom airtime advance via Okoa Jahazi
- 8 *460# USSD code to check your Safaricom STORO bonus airtime and buy Storo bundles
- 9 *126# USSD code to enroll for Safaricom Bonga, check Bonga Points and redeem Bonga Points
- 10 *188# USSD code to buy Safaricom SMS bundles, check balance, unsubscribe and buy for other numbers
- 11 *456# USSD code to activate Safaricom Jitambulishe, buy bundles, Okoa, sambaza, get PUK, stop subscriptions etc.
- 12 *234# USSD code to get M-PESA statements and access other Safaricom M-PESA services
- 13 *130# USSD code to send please call me requests to other Safaricom numbers
- 14 *811# USSD code to set Safaricom Skiza Tunes
- 15 *450# USSD code to get your Safaricom bundle balance via SMS (or just use *544*44#)
- 16 *812# USSD code to get download link for Safaricom Songa music streaming app
- 17 *555# USSD code to join Safaricom Blaze, buy bundles or unsubscribe from the tariff
- 18 *400# USSD code to pay for Safaricom Home Fibre plans, manage subscription, get Safaricom TV, get home insurance, get surveillance camera or activate secure net
Are you looking for a list of the top Safaricom USSD codes you can use on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your SIM card in a modem or router)?
Well, in this post, I am going to show you short codes you can use to check your account details (balances, phone number, Tunukiwa offers, Bonga Points), top up your line, buy airtime for other Safaricom numbers, sambaza airtime, set Skiza Tunes, download Songa app, borrow airtime via Okoa Jahazi, send please call me, access M-PESA menu / services, join Blaze, buy Flex units, buy bundles (voice, SMS and data), check Storo bonus among other things.
Note that Niabusiness has linked to some of the resources on this page using affiliate links. When you click on something and purchase it, Niabusiness will receive a commission from every successful sale / referral, at no extra cost to you.
So, let’s start with the common ones.
*144# USSD code to check Safaricom balance
How to use the shortcode: Dial *144#
Immediately you do this, you’ll see your balance details on your screen. Something that looks like this: ‘Airtime Bal: 10.41 KSH. Expire date: 01-01-2020. Tariff: Uwezo. Call your Friends & Family early to hit your Storo target early and get DOUBLE STORO BONUS.’
- To check Bonga airtime balance dial *144*4#
- To check your Okoa Jahazi airtime balance dial *144*4# and wait for a text message with your balance details.
To learn more, read this blog post: How to Check Safaricom Airtime Balance (Prepaid and Postpaid).
*141# USSD code to top up Safaricom line
How to use the shortcode: Dial *141*PIN#
Suppose you buy a scratch card, scratch it and the following PIN (5263415274589658) is revealed, here’s what you do next.
Enter *141*5263415274589658# and press the Call button on your phone.
To learn more about the different ways to load airtime on a Safaricom prepaid line, read the following articles:
*100# USSD code to check your Safaricom account details and buy bundles
How to use the shortcode: Dial *100#
After doing that, just select any of the items on the menu.
Here are the options under the *100# selfcare menu
- My Account
- Buy Data Bundles
- Products & Services
- My Subscriptions
- Platinum plans
- Get your PUK Number
- Stori Ibambe
- Advantage Plus
- Safaricom Home
- Find a Shop
IF you use Safaricom Postpaid / Postpay, use the *200# USSD short code to check your account details, buy SMS bundles, voice bundles and data bundles.
*544# USSD code to buy Safaricom data bundles and all in one monthly bundles (minutes)
How to use the shortcode: Dial *544#
When you dial *544# on your device, you’ll see a menu with the following items:
- All in One Bundle + FREE YouTube
- Daily Bundle
- 7 Day Bundle
- 30 Day Bundle
- Giga Bundle
- Data Offers
- Okoa Data
- Buy for Other Number
- My Data Manager
- Stop Auto Renewal
- Storo Data
- Is My SIM 4G Enabled?
- Power Hour Bundle
- Buy 90 Day Bundle
- Sambaza Internet
- Expired Bundle Balance
*140# USSD code to sambaza airtime from your Safaricom line to another number
How to use the shortcode: Dial *140*Amount*Phone#
Here’s an example. Suppose you want to sambaza / send Kenya Shillings 200 airtime to the number 0704123456, here’s what you’ll do.
Enter *140*200*0704123456# and press the Call button. That’s it. As long as you have sufficient airtime, the process will work flawlessly.
To learn more, read the following articles:
How to use the shortcode: Dial *444#
Here the items you will see on the Tunukiwa menu:
- Tunukiwa Kredo Dabo Dabo
- Tunukiwa Internet
- Tunukiwa Minutes
- Tunukiwa Bonga
- Tunukiwa Gifts
- Hot Deals
- Tunukiwa Balance
Also read this Niabusiness.com article: How to buy Safaricom Tunukiwa offers (minutes, SMS & data bundles).
*131# USSD code to get Safaricom airtime advance via Okoa Jahazi
How to use the shortcode: Dial *131#
Here’s what the *131# menu looks like on my line:
- Okoa 100
- Okoa 50
- Okoa 20
- Okoa 10
- Okoa 5
- Okoa Bundles
To learn more, read the following articles:
*460# USSD code to check your Safaricom STORO bonus airtime and buy Storo bundles
How to use the shortcode: Dial *460#
Here are the Storo menu items:
- Check my Target
- Check my STORO Bonus Balance
- Check my Daily Spend
- Storo Data Bundle
Read this article to learn more: Safaricom STORO Bonus: Stori Ibambe (target, balance, data, daily spend, unsubscribe & subscribe).
*126# USSD code to enroll for Safaricom Bonga, check Bonga Points and redeem Bonga Points
How to use the shortcode: Dial *126#
Here are the items you’ll see on the *126# menu:
- Get 8 KSh airtime for 25 Bonga points
- Lipa na Bonga Points
- Check Bonga Points
- Redeem Bonga Points
- Transfer Bonga Points
- Set or Change Bonga PIN
- Daily Bundles Renewal
- Flexible Bonga Phones
Learn more in this article: Safaricom Bonga Points (enroll, check balance, redeem points, PIN, bundles, phones, transfer & Lipa).
*188# USSD code to buy Safaricom SMS bundles, check balance, unsubscribe and buy for other numbers
How to use the shortcode: Dial *188#
Once on the menu you can do the following:
- Daily SMS Bundle
- Buy 7 Day SMS Bundle
- Buy 30 Day SMS Bundle
- Buy for Other Number
- Check SMS Balance
To learn more, read the following articles:
*456# USSD code to activate Safaricom Jitambulishe, buy bundles, Okoa, sambaza, get PUK, stop subscriptions etc.
How to use the shortcode: Dial *456#
Here are the items listed on the *456# menu:
- Jitambulishe (Upgrade Jitambulishe, Tell a friend & Check Referral Status)
- Buy (Device Lay By, Flex, Data Bundles, Skiza, Blaze, SMS Bundles, Advantage Plus, International Calling Bundle, Roaming, Deals, Zidisha)
- Okoa / Sambaza / Please Call Me (Okoa Airtime, Okoa Bundles, Sambaza Airtime, Sambaza Bundles, Please Call Me & Lipa Stima)
- Balances / Top Up
- Safaricom Home (Get, Manage Subscription, Safaricom TV, what you need to know, check area)
- Activate (Jitambulishe, Data Manager, End of Call Notification, Free Facebook & VoLTE)
- Get PUK
- Stop (stop subscriptions to Data Bundles, SMS Bundles, Skiza, Premium Services and Games, Promotional Messages, Weekly Notifications, Stop Safaricom Promotion SMS & Deactivate Roaming Service)
- Find (Safaricom App, Shop Near Me, Internet Settings, My Account, Apply For PayBill / Merchant Till, Quick Links & Quick Info)
*234# USSD code to get M-PESA statements and access other Safaricom M-PESA services
How to use the shortcode: Dial *234#
Here are the items under the *234# M-PESA menu:
- Fuliza M-PESA
- M-PESA Products (M-Shwari, International Money Transfer, Bill Manager, M-PESA 1Tap, M-PESA Paybill Request, SIM Card Update, M-PESA Buy Goods Request & M-PESA Tuma Popote)
- M-PESA Business Till
- M-PESA Agent Services
- Merchant Services
- M-PESA Information (receipts, statements, tariff query, report complaint, business numbers, Hakikisha, Next of Kin & M-PESA PIN Unlock)
- M-PESA Services (Send Money, Withdraw Cash, Buy Airtime, Lipa na M-PESA & My Account)
- Insurance Premium Financing
- M-PESA Promos
*130# USSD code to send please call me requests to other Safaricom numbers
How to use the shortcode: Dial *130*Phone#.
Here’s an example:
If the person you want to send a please call me request uses the number 0701321456, type *130*0701321456# and press the Call button.
Learn more in this article: Safaricom Please Call Me: How to send please call me text for free.
*811# USSD code to set Safaricom Skiza Tunes
How to use the shortcode: Dial *811#
Below are the items listed on the *811# Skiza Tunes menu:
- Eric Wainaina Top Hits
- Skiza Top Genres
- Inspiring Bible Verses
- Top Gospel Tunes
- Funny Facts and Tunes
- Daily Islamic DUA
- Islamic Prayer Alert
- Name Tunes
- Somali Tunes
- Sleeping Alert Tunes
- Delete My Tunes
- Search for song
*450# USSD code to get your Safaricom bundle balance via SMS (or just use *544*44#)
How to use the shortcode: Dial *450#. Or better yet, just dial *544*44#.
Yea, if you want to check your bundle balance, just dial *544*44#.
Safaricom will immediately send you an SMS with your bundle balance details.
To learn more, read this post: How to Check Safaricom Bundle Balance.
How to use the shortcode: Dial *812#
If you want to listen to music of various genres, you might have thought about getting a music streaming app like Spotify, Tidal or Boomplay.
Well, you can also add Songa Music App to the list.
To get the download link, simply dial *812# and you’ll get a text message with the link in it.
Here’s how the SMS looks: ‘Click on www.songamusic.com/download to download the Songa Music App and enjoy listening to your favorite music.’
*555# USSD code to join Safaricom Blaze, buy bundles or unsubscribe from the tariff
How to use the shortcode: Dial *555#
The first time you do this, you’ll see the following: ‘Hey Future Blazer, We are happy to see you here! Please confirm that you want to join BLAZE. 1: Yes 2: No’
If you select Yes, you’ll immediately see a new menu (items on the menu are listed below) and receive a text message that looks like this: ‘Welcome to BLAZE. You have changed your tariff to BLAZE. To create a plan, go to cyp.blaze.co.ke‘
Here are the options under the *555# menu:
- YouTube bundles
- Daily Bundle
- Weekly Bundle
- Monthly Bundle
- Call for Less
- Okoa Bundle
- SMS More for Less
- Download Blaze App
- Stop Auto Renew
- Data Save
- Storo Bundle
- Unsubscribe From BLAZE
- End of Call Notification
*400# USSD code to pay for Safaricom Home Fibre plans, manage subscription, get Safaricom TV, get home insurance, get surveillance camera or activate secure net
How to use the shortcode: Dial *400#
When you dial *400# on your device, you’ll see a menu with the following items:
- Get Safaricom Home Fibre > Nairobi, Mombasa, Western, Nyanza, Eastern, Central & Rift valley
- Manage your Subscription > Fibre Only, Fibre Plus – Home Fibre + Mobile data, voice and SMS & Home Insurance
- Account Status
- Safaricom TV > Bigbox/GIGAbox & ShowMax
- Camera Installation > Select surveillance camera model: Foscam, Vstarcam & Zipato
- Safaricom Secure Net > Activate, Terms & Conditions, Help, Resend Link & Deactivate
- Home Insurance > Get Home Insurance, Resend policy, Renew policy, My Plan & About Home Insurance
- All you need to know > Safaricom Home Service Plans, How to pay & How do I get my account number
- Are you in my area
Safaricom USSD short codes – a summary
- *144# – use this to check Safaricom airtime balance.
- *141*PIN# – use this to top up Safaricom with scratch card.
- *456# – use this to buy voice, SMS & data bundles. Use to enable Jitambulishe. Buy Flex. Enable device lay by.
- *234# – use this to access M-PESA menu: send & withdraw money, pay bills, enable Hakikisha, buy airtime, manage your account, get balance, reset PIN or get statement.
- *100# – use this to access Safaricom selfcare menu. Get PUK, balances and purchase various products like bundles.
- *544# – use this to buy Safaricom bundles: daily, weekly, monthly, 90-day, Giga, all in one monthly, Advantage, Platinum, roaming, Zidisha & international bundles. Buy bundles for another phone number. Sambaza internet. Or use *544*PIN# to buy data bundles when you top up with scratch card. Use *544*44# to check bundle balance.
- *140*Amount*PhoneNumber# – use this to Sambaza airtime to another Safaricom number.
- *130*PhoneNumber# – use this short code to send please call me request to another Safaricom user.
- *131# – use this Safaricom USSD shortcode to Okoa Jahazi (airtime) or Okoa Data (data bundles).
- *126# – use this for Bonga Points: enroll, check balance or redeem points
- *188# – use this to buy Safaricom SMS bundles. Also check balance.
- *811# – use this to set Safaricom Skiza tunes.
- *460# – use this for Storo bonus / Safaricom Stori Ibambe.
- *444# – use this for Safaricom offers. Access the Tunukiwa menu to buy minutes, SMS and data.
- *400# – use this for Safaricom Home Fibre, pay for home insurance, get Safaricom TV or CCTV.
- *812# – use this to get download link for Safaricom Songa music app.
- *555# – use this for Safaricom Blaze. Join the tariff, buy bundles and check balance.
Well, that is the list of the top Safaricom USSD shortcodes. Is there one you think I left out that should be added on the list? Let me know in the comments section below.
For my most recent posts, click Niabusiness.com.