You’d probably spend the money on separate data, text and voice bundles.
Or you’d spend it on an all in one monthly bundle.
Note that Niabusiness has linked to some of the resources on this page using affiliate links. When you click on something and purchase it, Niabusiness will receive a commission from every successful sale / referral, at no extra cost to you.
Today I’m dedicating this post to one such all in one bundle: the 30-day Telkom 8GB + 300 minutes + 300 SMS + free night data bundle at Shillings 999.
Why am I doing this? Because Telkom displays this bundle prominently in their 544 internet bundles menu, right after the 1-day 500MB + 500MB Night Data bundle. Which means the two bundles must be really popular with their subscribers.
I guess that is why I think this bundle deserves its own post.
How to purchase the 8 GB + 300 minutes + 300 SMS + free night data bundle by Telkom Kenya
To purchase directly from the 544 menu…
- Dial *544#
- Select option 2: 8GB @ 999/- + 300 ALL Net Min
- Select Confirm.
Or purchase from the All in One Monthly Bundles menu like I did show you in a previous post. To do that follow the steps below:
- Dial *544#
- Select option 3: ALL in one Monthly Bundles
- Next, you’ll be asked how much you want to spend. Select option 2: Ksh 1000
- Select option 1: 8GB @ 999/- + 300 ALL Net Min
- Press Confirm.
I thought it a good idea to add this method here as well. You never know when the bundle will be removed from the main 544 menu.
How much does the bundle cost
What do you get when you purchase the bundle
- data: excluding the free night data, the bundle gives you access to 8GB data valid for 30 days. That is a total of 8192MB for 30 days (8*1024=8192). Or put another way, around 273MB of data every day.
- texts: the bundle gets you 300 SMS you can send to any network. 300 text messages for a month…that is 10 texts you can send each day for the period the bundle remains valid.
- voice: you get 300 minutes to call numbers on all networks in Kenya. So, every single day, you’ll have 10 minutes to call any number in the country.
Do note that there are no restrictions on how you have to use your bundle. You don’t have to stick to 273 MB + 10 SMS + 10 Minutes every single day. You can use 1 GB today, call someone tomorrow for thirty minutes, then use your text messages to chat after you’re home from work – sending 20, 30 or even 50 messages in the span of 24 or 12 hours.
How to check your bundle balance
- The fastest way to check all your Telkom Kenya balances is by dialing *131# on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
- You can also check your bundle balance by dialing *544#, going to the next page and selecting option 10: Check Data Balance.
- Read these two posts to learn more: How to check Telkom account balance & How to check data bundle balance on a Telkom line.
Got something you’d like to share? Post it in the comments section below.