- 1 To transfer Airtel Kenya airtime to another
- 2 Who can transfer airtime to another Airtel Kenya user
- 3 Things to do before transferring airtime from your phone number to another Airtel Kenya line
- 4 Are there alternatives? Other ways to send another Airtel Kenya user airtime without using Me2U?
Want to learn how to transfer Airtel Kenya airtime to another phone number using Me2U? I’ve got step-by-step instructions below. Like Safaricom Sambaza, sharing your airtime with other Airtel subscribers (friends and family for example) is going to be a breeze from now onward.
To transfer Airtel Kenya airtime to another
- Dial *100#
- Select option 3. Manage My Account
- Select option 3. Me2U
- Enter amount of airtime you want to sambaza to another Airtel Kenya line e.g. 100
- Enter mobile number you want to transfer airtime to e.g. 0736123456
You’ll see this notification: ‘You are transferring Ksh 100 to 0736123456‘
Press 1 to Confirm
Press 0 to return to Airtel 100 main menu
Who can transfer airtime to another Airtel Kenya user
- Any Airtel Kenya user with enough credit in their account. You are not going to be able to send say KSh 7 to another number if you only have 10 Shillings. To learn different ways to load airtime to your Airtel line (before you can share it), read this article I published on Niabusiness.com awhile ago.
- Anyone who is asked for credit and are okay with sharing some of their airtime. If you don’t want to, don’t bother sending the money. In the end, this is good for all parties involved. And though it is not your duty, sometimes it is just a good idea to check with the person before transferring airtime from your account to theirs … you know take some time to inquire if they borrowed airtime via Airtel Kopa for example.
- Anyone who knows the recipient’s number. If people make mistakes with M-PESA and Airtel Money transactions (and end up sending money to the wrong number) it doesn’t hurt to make sure you have the right number. Get it right – the number. This ensures your money arrives where you intended for it to go. It is a simple thing, but it matters a lot. If the recipient doesn’t know their number off-head, use the tips in this post to make sure the airtime doesn’t end up in some stranger’s line.
Things to do before transferring airtime from your phone number to another Airtel Kenya line
- Check your Airtel Kenya airtime balance first. Don’t go transferring money you don’t have, only to dial *133# / *100# to confirm how much money you have after you receive a text message from Airtel telling you your balance is insufficient.
- Consider your monthly budget, your voice, text and data needs. Once satisfied, share away.
Are there alternatives? Other ways to send another Airtel Kenya user airtime without using Me2U?
Yes. You can. I got into detail in this post. For now, I’m just going to quickly share some ideas that can prove to be good alternatives if you don’t want to use Airtel Kenya Me2U option to share your airtime with another user.
- Buy airtime for them via your Airtel Money account. You don’t get charged to buy another number airtime from your Airtel Money account. So, it is more like Me2U. And yes, you can send someone KSh 7 or KSh 10 airtime from your Airtel Money wallet even if your prepaid line balance reads zero.
- You can buy someone airtime directly to their Airtel Kenya line via M-PESA. Airtel has a paybill number you can and services like Pesapal also makes airtime purchases to different networks in Kenya possible. So, all you need is some money in your MPESA account, the number of the recipient and this guide I wrote where I share step-by-step instructions on how to buy Airtel Kenya airtime via Safaricom M-PESA.
- You can also buy any Airtel user airtime online and have it sent directly to their line. See this guide I wrote to learn more.
Have anything you’d like to add? Let me know in the comments section below. To read my other Airtel Kenya posts, go here.
Note that Niabusiness has linked to some of the resources on this page using affiliate links. When you click on something and purchase it, Niabusiness will receive a commission from every successful sale / referral, at no extra cost to you.