Safaricom triple your airtime with Create my bundle Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo option is something I learned about today via a text message I received around eleven in the morning. It is a new option Safaricom has introduced in the *444*0# (Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo) menu.
What most customers using the telco are accustomed to is usually the two-times airtime (double) they get when they purchase airtime via the Kredo DaboDabo menu – for example buying KSh 20 airtime and getting 40 Shillings airtime to use within 24 hours. The airtime can be used to call other networks like Airtel Kenya, Telkom Kenya and Equitel.
But using the Safaricom Create My Bundle option introduced recently, one can actually three times their airtime (triple it) by purchasing the amount they want. So, for example buying KSh 20 airtime and getting 60 Shillings to use within 24 hours.
Note that Niabusiness has linked to some of the resources on this page using affiliate links. When you click on something and purchase it, Niabusiness will receive a commission from every successful sale / referral, at no extra cost to you.
Here is the SMS Safaricom sent me.
‘TRIPLE your airtime, get to talk two times more with Tunukiwa kredo DaboDabo, dial *444*0# now and select Create My Bundle and get upto 200% extra talktime.’
Probably you’ve received a similar message by now.
How to Create my Bundle on Safaricom Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo
- Dial *444*0#
- Select option 1. Create my Bundle (Any amount)
You will then see the following: ‘Get up-to 200% EXTRA Talktime for calls & SMS valid for 24hrs
Enter Amount you wish to spend‘
- Enter the amount you wish to spend / the amount of airtime you want to triple e.g. 20
You will see the following next: ‘Buy Sh 20 (60 Bob Talktime valid 24 hrs) using:’
- Reply with 1 to pay with your airtime balance
- Reply with 2 to pay with your M-PESA balance
- Reply with 3 to pay with Okoa Jahazi
Wait for a confirmation message / for Safaricom to process your request
- Dial *456# on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your Safaricom SIM card in a modem or router)
- Select option 1: Buy
- Select option 10: Get Deals
- Select option 1: Tunukiwa
- Select option 0: Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo
- Select option 1: Create my Bundle (Any amount)
- Enter amount you wish to spend e.g. 120
‘Buy Sh120 (360 Bob Talktime valid 24hrs) using:’
- Choose how to pay. Reply with 1. Airtime OR 2. M-Pesa
Some observations about Safaricom Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo Create my Bundle
- When you buy KSh 5 airtime, you will only receive 9 Shillings airtime.
- When you buy Kenya Shillings 11 airtime, you will receive 28 Bob Talktime.
- When you buy KSh 15 airtime, the amount will be tripled. So, you will get 45 Shillings.
- When you buy KSh 50 airtime, you will receive a total of 150 Shillings airtime.
- When you buy KSh 100 airtime, the amount will be tripled. So, you will get KSh 300.
But remember these offers are tailor-made to each customer. So, what you might find in your Kredo DaboDabo -> Create my Bundle menu may not look like some of the things I have mentioned above. For example, here are the figures I get when I use the Create my Bundle feature on another Safaricom line.
- For Sh 5, I am told I’ll get 9 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 11, I am told I’ll get 19 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 15, I am told I’ll get 26 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 50, I am told I’ll get 125 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 60, I am told I’ll get 180 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 70, I am told I’ll get 210 Bob Talktime.
- For Sh 100, I am told I’ll get 300 Bob Talktime.
Another thing you will notice is that under the Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo menu there are still the 200% offers that have always been the only items under the *444*0# menu until the Create my Bundle option was introduced. So, you will still find items like these listed there every time you dial *444*0#
- Create my Bundle
- Sh 10 (20 Bob airtime for 24 hrs)
- Sh 70 (140 Bob airtime for 24 hrs)
- Sh 100 (200 Bob airtime for 24 hrs)
So, what do you think about this new feature Safaricom has rolled out? Do you like it? Have you used it? Should something else be added to it or taken from it? Do let me know in the comments section below.
To read my other articles on Tunukiwa, click on the titles below:
- Tunukiwa Kredo DaboDabo offers (double airtime / minutes for Safaricom subscribers).
- How to buy Safaricom Tunukiwa offers (minutes, SMS & data bundles).
- Safaricom Tunukiwa data bundles (internet, gifts, bonga points & hot deals).
To read my other articles on Safaricom products and services, go to this category here.
To read my most recent articles, go to Niabusiness.com.