I wrote an article awhile ago targeted at Safaricom subscribers who wanted to know how to use their data manager (activate / deactivate / check status / turn on or off for another number) to control how their airtime and data bundle is used. 2019 came and on Safaricom’s 19th birthday some changes were made.
It used to be that you could easily access the data bundles using various Safaricom USSD shortcodes (*544# and *100#) or via the Safaricom online portal and change your Safaricom My Data Manager settings. Well that is still the case, except they moved things a little bit. The 544 menu doesn’t look like it used to. The 100 menu looks different too. And the online portal was completely redesigned.
If you still don’t want to be billed from your airtime when browsing the web, don’t fret. Using the data manager is still easy as it was before. The menus / interfaces may have changed, but customers can still get to their My Data Manager menu with just a few steps.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on something I recommend and purchase it, I will receive a commission for the sale – at no extra cost to you.
So, what do you do now if you want to learn how to activate data manager on Safaricom new menus? Well, just follow the steps below.
How to activate Safaricom data manager via *544#
Table of Contents
- Dial *544#
- Select option 3: Normal Data Bundle WITH EXPIRY
- Enter 7 to view more items on the menu
- Select option 11: My Data Manager
- Select option 2: Dont Browse without a data bundle
- Reply with 1: Activate – to activate data manager on your Safaricom line
Or reply with 2: Deactivate – to deactivate Safaricom My Data Manager (so you can browse without an active bundle)
Reply with 3: Check Status – use this to check if Safaricom data manager is active or inactive
Reply with 4: Activate/Deactivate for other Number – use this to activate or deactivate Safaricom My Data Manager for another phone number
Reply with 5: FAQs – use this to get answers to some of the frequently asked / answered questions about Safaricom My Data Manager (Introduction, Activation, Deactivation, Menu options, Low bundle Notification among others)
Activate My data manager on Safaricom via *100#
- Dial *100#
- Select option 6: Balance & Data Manager
- Select option 2: Data Manager
- Select option 2: Dont Browse without a data bundle.
- Reply with 1: to Activate
- Reply with 2: to Deactivate
- Reply with 3: to Check Status
- Reply with 4: to Activate / Deactivate for other Number
- Reply with 5: to read FAQs
Activating Safaricom data manager via *456#
- Dial *456# on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your Safaricom SIM card in a modem or router)
- Select option 7: Activate
- Select option 2: Data Manager
- Select option 2: Don’t Browse without a data bundle
- Select option 1: Activate – to activate Safaricom My Data Manager
Or reply with 2 to Deactivate the data manager
Or 3 to Check Status of your data manager
Or 4 to Activate / Deactivate Safaricom data manager for other Number
Or 5 to check FAQs about the data manager
0- Browse products by brand: Tecno, Infinix, Samsung, Huawei, Annov, HP, Garnier, Apple, Android, Ramtons, LG, Oppo, Redmi / Xiaomi, Nokia, X-tigi, iTel, Zuku, DStv, Startimes, GOtv, ZTE, Cubot, Gionee, Realme, Lenovo, Motorola, Oukitel, Oneplus, Bruhm, Phillips, Umidigi, Hisense, GLD, Skyworth, Amazon, Mika, Vivo, Oraimo, Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Syinix, Sayona, Von Hotpoint, Ampex, Sony, Toyota & Honda on Jumia Kenya.
Set the data manager for yourself.
Set it for a friend.
Set it for your child.
2- Browse latest TVs, fridges, microwaves, dispensers, cookers, furniture, kitchenware, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, headphones, earphones / headsets, phone cases, chargers, MiFi routers, bluetooth speakers on Jumia.
Or anyone you have heard complain that Safaricom consumes their airtime (in the background) without their knowledge when their data bundle is finished but they are still busy opening pages on their web browser.
If you want more content on this topic, check out these two articles as well:
- Safaricom data bundles online portal: what you can do on Safaricom.com/bundles
- How to activate Safaricom data manager (or deactivate it)
To read all the Safaricom posts I have written and published on Niabusiness, go here.
For all my recent articles, go to Niabusiness.com homepage.