I wrote about Airtel Kenya tariffs (how to check which one you are on) in a post I published awhile ago. In that post, I talked briefly about the Vuka tariff – the tariff most Airtel customers are on.
In this post, I am going to talk about another tariff / bundle available to Airtel prepaid customers, Enterprise Prepaid Bundles. Of course, I’m also going to share a few details about the popular Vuka Tariff.
The USSD shortcodes you need to do any of the things I am going to show you below are: *100# and *304#.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. When you click on something I recommend and purchase it, I will receive a commission for the sale – at no extra cost to you.
How to check the tariff your Airtel line is on
To check the tariff your prepaid Airtel Kenya phone number is on, follow the steps below:
- Dial *100# on your phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using a modem or MiFi router)
- Select option 3. Manage My Account
- Select option 7. Tariff
Wait for a confirmation message with details about the tariff you are on
The message I received reads: You are on Vuka Tariff. Charges are KSh 4/- min for calls across networks and KSh 2/- min from 10 pm – 8 am for Airtel calls. Excise duty applies.
I made a free call to Airtel Kenya customer care to learn more about the various tariffs available to prepaid customers, and below are a few things you should know:
- On the call, I was told that there are two sets of tariff plans for prepaid customers Vuka tariff and Enterprise Prepaid Bundles.
- I also learnt that all new prepaid lines are pre-activated on Vuka tariff.
- I also learnt that customers on Vuka tariff get charged Kenya Shillings 3 for calls across all networks and KSh 1 for SMS.
To check & buy Enterprise Prepaid Bundles on Airtel Kenya
- Dial *304#
- Reply with 1 to check Enterprise Prepaid Bundles
Reply with 2 for Individual Prepaid Bundles
Reply with 3 for Business Club. You can use this option to add or remove numbers for friends and family or for magic numbers.
Reply with 4 to Check Numbers Added. You can use this option to check the phone numbers you added to your Enterprise Prepaid Bundles menu as friends & family or magic numbers.
Reply with 5 to Unsubscribe. If you are already subscribed to an Enterprise Prepaid Bundles plan, use this option to unsubscribe.
To buy an Enterprise Bundle
- Dial *304#
- Select option 1. Enterprise Prepaid Bundles. To buy the KSh 600 bundle for example, reply with 2 for Biashara KSh 600
You’ll see this: ‘You have selected subscription plan Biashara KSh 600. This action will transfer 600 from your account.’
Reply with 1 to confirm your purchase
Here’s the list of all the bundles
- Biashara KSh 400
- Biashara KSh 600
- Biashara KSh 800
Under the Individual Prepaid Bundles, is a bundle for KSh 500 called the Jamii bundle. To purchase it:
- Dial *304#
- Reply with 2 for Individual Prepaid Bundles
- Select option 1. For Jamii KSh 500 OR option 2 to Add Friends and Family
- Enter 1 to confirm your purchase
Buying any of the Enterprise bundles listed above gets you minutes and SMS for a month.
That’s all for now.
To read my other posts on Airtel Kenya products and services, go here. To see all the recent posts on Niabusiness.com, go here.
If you have something you’d like to add? Let me know in the comments section below.