The bundles can be purchased via the usual *544# USSD code – and go for as little as Kenya Shillings 70.
WE’KEN 1.5GB data bundle offer is the one that goes for KSh 70.
Then there is another data bundle, WE’KEN 3.5GB, which goes for Kenya Shillings 120.
This post is dedicated to the two weekend bundles.
I am going to show you how to purchase them for yourself.
A few things you need to know about the WE’KEN bundles by Telkom
Available for you on the weekends. On the weekends, you will see your Telkom Kenya *544# menu change to something like this:
- WE’KEN 1.5GB @70/- valid until midnight
- WE’KEN 3.5GB @120/- valid until midnight
- 30GB @1000/- valid for 30 days
- DATA Bundles
- VOICE – 1.5 Bob bundles
- Mzito Combo Bundles
- Pewa Data Bundles
- SMS Bundles
- My Data Manager
- Check Data Balance
- Buy Bundle for Home Plan Number
Valid till midnight. Once you purchase a WE’KEN bundle, the data you receive will remain active until midnight.
And I guess if your data consumption rate is high, you can buy the bundles multiple times a day and still get a good deal. For example, you can get 7GB of data for just KSh 240, if you buy the WE’KEN 3.5GB bundle twice in one day.
You can check your data bundle balance using the usual methods I have shared before in posts like this and this. To check your WE’KEN data bundles balance, dial *131#. Or dial *544# -> go to the next page on the Bundles menu -> and select option 10. Check Data Balance.
To buy the WE’KEN offers follow the steps below for the 1.5 GB & 3.5 GB bundles
To buy the WE’KEN 1.5 GB at Kenya Shillings 70
- Dial *544# on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your Telkom SIM in a modem or router)
- Reply with 1 for the WE’KEN 1.5GB @70/- valid until midnight
- Wait for a confirmation message from Telkom
- Enjoy browsing the web
To buy the WE’KEN 3.5 GB at Kenya Shillings 120
- Dial *544#
- Reply with 2 for the WE’KEN 3.5GB @120/- valid until midnight
What can you use the Telkom data bundles on?
On a weekend,
- probably to finish some work that was left undone on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. You can carve out a few minutes / hours on Saturday or Sunday to complete the work.
- to watch a movie or two with your friends and family on ShowMax, Netflix, YouTube or other platforms.
- to listen to music. You can use the bundles to stream music on the weekends. While cleaning or doing other things, you can just use a music app to stream some of your favourite songs. The songs can play on the background (connecting your smartphone for example to a bluetooth speaker). You can also choose to listen to podcasts or documentaries.
- if you are a student, you can use the bundles to finish your assignments or conduct further online research on whatever topic you are interested in.
- if you have friends in far-flung places, you can use the bundles to connect via Skype video.
- if you work online, a freelance writer perhaps, you can use the bundles to read, research or send pitches to potential clients.
Have anything you’d like to add? Let me know in the comments section below.
To read my other articles on Telkom products and services, go to the Telkom Kenya category.
To read my most recent articles, go to Niabusiness.com/ke.