- 1 Current options in the Telkom voice bundles menu
- 2 How to buy a Telkom voice bundle
- 3 Buy international voice bundles
- 4 Can I make calls without buying a Telkom voice bundle?
- 5 How to unsubscribe from Telkom voice bundle
- 6 How to check Telkom Kenya voice bundle balance
In this post I’m going to tell you more about different Telkom Kenya voice bundles under the *544# menu. I’m also going to talk briefly about Telkom international bundle (and how to purchase it) and then finish the post by showing you how to check your voice bundle balance.
- Niaje 100 Telkom Min @ 10: Get 100 Telkom minutes and call other networks at Kenya Shillings 2.30 per minute. This bundle costs KSh 10 and is valid for 24 hours.
- 10 Min ALL Net @ 20: This bundle costs KSh 20 and is valid for 2 days.
- 30 Min ALL Net @ 50: This bundle costs KSh 50 and is valid for 30 days.
- 66 Min ALL Net @ 100: This bundle costs KSh 100 and is valid for 30 days.
- 333 Min ALL Net @ 499: This bundle costs KSh 499 and is valid for 45 days.
How to buy a Telkom voice bundle
To buy a voice bundle via the *544# USSD shortcode, follow the steps below:
- Dial *544# on your phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
- Select option 5. VOICE – 1.5 Bob Bundles
- Select a bundle you want to purchase. To buy the 66 All Network Minutes bundle for example, select option 4: 66 Min ALL Net @100/- 30 Days
- You’ll then see the following options: the option to Auto Renew, Buy Once or Unsubscribe
- Select option 2: Buy Once (Kenya Shillings will be deducted from your Telkom Kenya airtime balance)
Or select option 1: to Auto Renew (this means that you’ll be billed the same amount – KSh 100 – every 30 days)
Or select option 3: Unsubscribe (if you’ve already purchased the bundle – perhaps using the Auto Renew option – and don’t want to be billed again after your bundle expiry date, use this option to stop autorenewal).
- Dial *100#
- Select option 3: Talk, Text & More
- From the menu, select which voice bundle you want to buy. Select option 1 for Niaje and Holla bundles (wrote about these here). Select option 2 for Voice Any Network Bundles (these are listed above). Select option 4 to purchase international bundles. Or option 3 for SMS bundles (see the post on Telkom SMS bundles here).
- Everything from here is just similar to the steps I’ve outlined above. If you want to purchase the 66 Min ALL Net @100/- bundle for example, continue by …
- Selecting option 2: Voice Any Network Bundles
- Selecting option 4: 66 Min ALL Net @100/- 30 Days
- Selecting Buy Once or Auto Renew.
Buy international voice bundles
If you want voice bundles to call India, USA, Canada, China and UK fixed lines, you’re in luck because Telkom has one.
It is a 160 minute voice bundle that costs Kenya Shillings 500 only.
And the bundle is valid for 30 days.
To purchase it:
- Check your airtime balance to make sure you have at least KSh 160. Top up your account if the amount is below Sh 160
- Dial *100#
- Select option 3: Talk, Text & More
- Select option 4: International bundles
- Select option 1: 160 Min @ 500/- valid 30 days
- Select option 1 to confirm your purchase
Can I make calls without buying a Telkom voice bundle?
As long as you have enough airtime, there shouldn’t be any problems. Just pick your phone, locate a number on your phonebook (or enter it manually) and call away.
If you don’t have money in your account though, you’ll need to buy airtime and top up.
The good thing with having an active voice bundle is that you can call even when your airtime balance is zero. As long as your bundle is valid and you still have some minutes left, it won’t matter whether you have some airtime left in your account or not.
How to unsubscribe from Telkom voice bundle
Take for example any of the bundles in the list above … how would you unsubscribe after making a purchase?
I think the people who will be looking for this answer are those who purchase any of the bundles above using the Auto Renew option and then change their mind later on.
For example, a person might purchase the 30 Min ALL Net bundle @ 50 using the Auto Renew option. After 2 or 3 months they might want more minutes – which means purchasing a bigger bundle such as the 66 Minutes or 333 Minutes bundle. So, before they upgrade, they’ll have to unsubscribe from the current bundle (so that they don’t get billed for it once they move to the 66 Minutes bundle).
So, here’s how they’d go about unsubscribing:
- Dial *544#
- Select option 5: VOICE – 1.5 Bob Bundles
- Select bundle to unsubscribe from. Using the example above that’ll be the 30 Min ALL Net @50. So select option 3.
- Next, select option 3: Unsubscribe
To buy another bundle, the person will have to follow the steps above.
Note that you can also use the *100# -> Talk, Text & More -> Voice Any Network Bundles to locate the bundle you want to unsubscribe from.
How to check Telkom Kenya voice bundle balance
Dial *131# to check your bundle balance. Any time you want to check your balance, this is the fastest way to do it.
- You can also dial *100# or *123#
- Select option 1: My Account
- Select option 1: My balance
I wrote a guide showing you different ways to check all Telkom Kenya balances. Check it out.
For my post on checking data bundle balances, click here.
Have anything you’d like to add? Let me know in the comments section below.