- 1 *131# USSD code to check Telkom Kenya balance
- 2 *130# / *130*PIN# USSD code to recharge your Telkom Kenya line
- 3 *100# USSD code to manage your Telkom Kenya prepaid line or buy minutes, SMS bundles and data bundles
- 4 *544# USSD code to buy Telkom Kenya data bundles and check bundle balance
- 5 *133# USSD code to borrow airtime on Telkom Kenya and pay later (or data bundles)
- 6 *811# USSD code to buy a Telkom Kenya Beat Yangu – set a tune
- 7 *234# USSD code to access Telkom Kenya T-Kash (menu, statement & check agent location)
- 8 *10# or USSD code for Telkom Kenya Niaje offers & Holla bundles
- 9 *188# USSD code to buy Telkom Kenya SMS bundles
- 10 *140# / *140*Amount*Number# USSD code to transfer / share your Telkom Kenya airtime with another number
Having published a post on Safaricom, Equitel & Airtel Kenya USSD codes a few days ago I thought coming up with another list just like the one I had created would be something worth spending some time on.
So, I did.
I created another post for Niabusiness.com/KE readers.
And here it is, a Telkom Kenya USSD code list.
In the article you are going to find various Telkom Kenya USSD short codes you can use to check your airtime balance, check your data bundle balance, check your Ziada points, borrow PEWA airtime & data, buy minutes, buy data bundles, buy SMS bundles, buy Holla & Niaje offers, buy Beat Yangu tunes, share your airtime, send please call me requests, access T-Kash services, top up your line or another Telkom number and more.
Let’s start with …
*131# USSD code to check Telkom Kenya balance
How to use the shortcode: Dial *131#
If you want to check your balances on your Telkom Kenya line, this is the quickest method to do so.
Once you dial the 131 code, you will get balances and expiry dates for the following:
- airtime balance & expiry
- Pewa Advance airtime balance
- data bundle balance & expiry
- Ziada Points balance
*130# / *130*PIN# USSD code to recharge your Telkom Kenya line
How to use the shortcode: Dial *130#
After buying a Telkom Kenya scratch card from a retail outlet near you, this is the code you will use to recharge your line.
- So, you buy a recharge voucher of Kenya Shillings 20, 50 or 100
- You scratch to reveal the voucher recharge PIN
- Then use the USSD code in the following format: *130*PIN#
To learn more, read:
*100# USSD code to manage your Telkom Kenya prepaid line or buy minutes, SMS bundles and data bundles
How to use the shortcode: Dial *100# or *123#
Once you dial either *100# or *123# you will find various options you can use to manage your Telkom line.
Under the *100# menu you will be able to do the following:
- Manage your account: top up your line or another Telkom Kenya line, check your balances, check your phone number, check or redeem your Ziada points, transfer credit to another Telkom user, access T-Kash or even request PUK for a blocked Telkom line.
- Top up via M-PESA, credit / debit card, scratch card and PEWA.
- Buy Niaje + Holla bundles, Voice Any Network bundles, Daily SMS bundles and international bundles.
- Buy data bundles: WE’KEN bundles, buy 1 day bundles, buy 7 day bundles, buy 30 day bundles, buy night data, buy Mzito bundles, buy bundles for home plan number, activate or deactivate data manager & check data balance.
- Buy voice bundles: All net bundles & Niaje 100 Telkom minutes.
- Access Pewa Data.
- Access the credit transfer feature (share airtime), send please call me, reverse call, access Beat Yangu or the report network / airtime outage option.
Here are the options under the *100# menu
- My Account
- Talk, Text & More
- Data Bundles
- Products & Services
- PUK Request
To learn more, read the following articles:
- Telkom Kenya My Account menu: my balance, number, Ziada points & credit transfer
- How to top up Telkom Kenya line
- How to check Telkom Kenya phone number
*544# USSD code to buy Telkom Kenya data bundles and check bundle balance
How to use the shortcode: Dial *544#
Once you dial the 544 code, you can see a selection of bundles you can buy for your line. You can also use the code to check you bundle balance.
Among the bundles you can buy include: 1 day bundles, 7 day bundles, 30 day bundles, Mzito bundles, night data, WE’KEN bundles, voice bundles and SMS bundles.
You can also use the code to buy bundles for another Telkom Kenya number.
If you want to access your data manager, you can use the My Data Manager option to activate or deactivate it (depending on whether you want / don’t want to browse without an active data bundle).
You can also use the 544 code to borrow data via the PEWA Data option – and pay later.
Here are the options under the *544# menu:
- WE’KEN 1.5GB @ 70/- valid until midnight
- WE’KEN 3.5GB @ 120/- valid until midnight
- DATA Bundles
- VOICE – 1.5 Bob Bundles
- Mzito Combo Bundles
- Pewa Data Bundles
- SMS Bundles
- My Data Manager
- Check Data Balance
- Buy Bundle for Home Plan Number
To learn more, read the following articles:
- Telkom Kenya combo bundles: Browse, text & call with Mzito bundles
- Telkom Kenya Data Manager: How to activate, deactivate or check status
- How to check Telkom Kenya data bundle balance
*133# USSD code to borrow airtime on Telkom Kenya and pay later (or data bundles)
How to use the shortcode: Dial *133#
Once you dial the 133 you will see a selection of airtime amounts and data bundle sizes you can borrow.
To borrow airtime, just select the PEWA amount you want. To borrow data, use the Pewa Data option to see which bundles you can get on your line.
At the time of writing this post I can see that I can borrow airtime of Kenya Shillings 20 or 50.
The data bundles available on the Pewa Data menu include 80MB at KSh 20 and 400MB at KSh 50.
To learn more, read: Telkom Kenya PEWA Advanced airtime: borrow airtime and data (repay later).
*811# USSD code to buy a Telkom Kenya Beat Yangu – set a tune
How to use the shortcode: Dial *811#
Using the 811 code you will have access to various beats you can buy for your line at a cost of KSh 1.5 per day.
The Beat Yangu offers a selection of beats / tunes in various categories – from local, Gospel, East African to international songs.
Buy beats in categories such as Old Skool, Islam and more.
You can also go to this menu if you want to unsubscribe from the Beat Yangu service.
To learn more, read: Telkom Kenya beat yangu.
How to use the shortcode: Dial *234#
To use the Telkom Kenya mobile money wallet, this is one code you can use to get started.
You can also use the *100# shortcode if you like.
One thing you should know though is that to be able to use the service you must have registered for it at a Telkom Kenya shop / agent.
Here are the options under the *234# menu
- Request T-Kash Agent Location
*10# or USSD code for Telkom Kenya Niaje offers & Holla bundles
How to use the shortcode: Dial *10#
Once you dial the *10# code you can do the following:
- Buy voice bundles: Buy Niaje minutes to use within the Telkom Kenya network or buy all net minutes if you want minutes to also call other networks in Kenya like Safaricom and Airtel Kenya.
- Buy Holla (Voice + Data + SMS) bundles: Buy Holla bundles valid for 24 hours or 3 days.
To learn more, read: Telkom Kenya voice bundles / Niaje minutes to call Telkom and other networks.
*188# USSD code to buy Telkom Kenya SMS bundles
How to use the shortcode: Dial *188#
If you want to purchase bulk SMS to use within the Telkom Kenya network or outside, just use the 188 code.
Buy the daily SMS bundle you want.
If you want to unsubscribe, you can also use this code to do so.
Here are the options under the *188# menu:
- Daily 50 SMS bundle @ 5/
- Daily 250 SMS bundle @ 10/-
To learn more, read:
- How to buy Telkom Kenya SMS bundles (subscribe / unsubscribe).
- Telkom Kenya Talk, Text & More: Niaje + Holla bundles, voice, SMS and international bundles.
How to use the shortcode: Dial *140#
Once you dial *140#, you will be taken to the Telkom credit transfer menu. Enter the amount of airtime you want to transfer -> enter the phone number you want to transfer it to -> and then press Send.
Or you can just use the following format: *140*Amount*Number#.
If you want to transfer KSh 200 airtime to the number 0773123456 for example, the final outcome will be this: *140*200*0773123456#
Telkom Kenya USSD short codes – a summary
- *131# – use this to check Telkom Kenya airtime balance. Also use to check balances for data, bonus airtime or Ziada Points and expiry.
- *130*PIN# – use this to top up Telkom Kenya line with scratch card.
- *133# – use this Telkom USSD code to get PEWA Advanced Airtime (borrow airtime) or Pewa Data (borrow data bundles).
- *544# – use this to buy Telkom Kenya bundles: voice bundles, Niaje & Holla bundles, 1 day, 7 day & 30 day data bundles, Mzito data bundles, weekend bundles (WE’KEN), night data, SMS, All in One Monthly. Check 4G support for your SIM. Or access Telkom data manager. Or check data balance. Or buy bundles for Home Plan number.
- *100# or *123# – use this code to manage your Telkom line. Access the My Account menu. Transfer airtime. Send please call me. Top up your line or another. Request for PUK, check phone number. borrow (data & airtime). Access T-Kash. Buy bundles (minutes, SMS & data). Buy voice any network bundles, international minutes, Niaje and Holla bundles. Check balances. Use reverse call.
- *811# – buy Telkom Beat Yangu tunes to entertain callers.
- *234# – to access Telkom Kenya T-Kash menu (get statement & agent location).
- *10# – to buy Telkom Niaje offers and Holla bundles.
- *188# – use this short code to buy SMS bundles on Telkom Kenya line.
- *140*Amount*Number# – use this for Telkom credit transfer. Share airtime with another number.
What is your favourite Telkom Kenya USSD short code from the list above? Is there one you use a lot that I haven’t mentioned? Tell me about the codes in the comments section below.
To read my other articles, check the Telkom Kenya category here.
To read my most recent articles, go to Niabusiness.com/ke.