- 1 What do you need in order to transfer airtime to another Equitel number
- 2 How to transfer airtime via Equitel Gawa Credo + alternatives
- 3 Bundles the other Equitel user can buy after receiving airtime from you
- 4 Share this:
Want to learn how to use Equitel Gawa Credo to transfer airtime to another Equitel number?
I am going to show you how to do it using the *100# USSD short code.
I’m also going to share other alternatives you can use to buy another Equitel user airtime (from your Equity Bank Kenya account or your Safaricom M-PESA account).
What do you need in order to transfer airtime to another Equitel number
- Make sure to check your airtime balance. See if you have enough money in your account. If not, you can purchase airtime using the various methods I share in this post.
- Make sure you know the recipient’s phone number. If you don’t, ask them. This post might come in handy.
How to transfer airtime via Equitel Gawa Credo + alternatives
- Dial *100# on your phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
- Select option 4. Gawa credo
- Enter number to transfer to e.g. 0765123456
- Press Send
- Enter amount e.g. 100 (to transfer Kenya Shillings 100 airtime)
Buy airtime for the other Equitel line from your Equity Kenya Bank account or M-PESA
If you don’t want to use the above method to share your airtime with another Equitel user, you can opt to just buy them airtime directly.
There are several ways you could go about doing this.
Below are my two favourite ways to do it.
Buy them airtime directly from your Equity Bank account
How do you do this? You can access the buy airtime menu on your Equity Bank account by using the USSD shortcode *247# – on any Safaricom, Airtel Kenya or Telkom Kenya line. Then all you need to do after doing this, is just to enter the user’s phone number, the amount of airtime you want to send them, your bank PIN, and that’s all.
Or, assuming your Equity Bank account is already connected to your Equitel SIM card, you can access the My Money option via the Equitel SIM Toolkit menu – and buy the user airtime directly from your account. Here’s how to do it.
- First go to your device’s main menu and locate the Equitel SIM toolkit icon / menu
- Select the My Money option
- Next, select Buy Airtime/Bundles
- Select your account e.g. 7771054605221
- Select Buy Airtime/Bundles
- Select Other number option
- Select Equitel
- Enter the phone number e.g. 0765123456 and press OK
- Enter amount e.g. 100 and press OK
- You’ll see the following: ‘Do you want to buy KShs 100 of airtime for line 0765123456-Equitel?’ Press OK
- Enter your PIN
254765123456-Equitel will receive Ksh 100. Charge KShs 0.00. To cancel, send any number or letter within 25 seconds.
Buy the other Equitel user airtime directly from your Safaricom M-PESA account
To buy the Equitel user airtime from M-PESA, follow the steps below:
- Go to Safaricom -> M-PESA
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Paybill and enter Equitel paybill number 412222 in the Enter business no. field.
- Select Account no. and enter the Equitel number you want to buy airtime for e.g. 0765123456
- Enter amount e.g. 100
- Enter M-PESA PIN
Bundles the other Equitel user can buy after receiving airtime from you
Once the person gets the airtime you’ve transferred from your line to theirs / airtime you’ve purchased for them, they can enjoy the amount however they want.
But if you are inclined to suggest a few Equitel products and services they might want to purchase, tell them to take a look at the *544# bundles menu for the various:
- Data Plus bundles: if they want bundles that focus purely on data. These are great for people who browse the internet more than they call or text.
- Jipimie bundles: if they want bundles with voice, text and data.
- Ongea bundles: if they want bundles that just focus on text messages and minutes they can use to call across all networks in Kenya. See a comparison of Equitel Jipimie & Ongea bundles here.
Also note that Equitel makes it easy for users to buy any of the bundles they sell for other numbers. So, that’s still another great way to ensure that your money reaches and serves those you want it to reach.
Like this post? Check this category here for my other posts on Equitel products and services. To read my recent articles, go to the Niabusiness KE homepage.
If you have something you’d like to bring to my attention, let me know in the comments section below.