- 1 Dial *544*8# to check Equitel balance for any active bundle
- 2 Dial *544# on Equitel to check bundle balance
- 3 Dial *144# as if checking your Equitel airtime balance to get your bundle balance details too
- 4 Dial *100# to check bundle balance on Equitel
- 5 Check bundle balance via Equitel SIM toolkit menu
I have also published a post showing you different ways you could go about getting your airtime balance.
In this post I am going to show you how to check Equitel bundle balance on your line using various methods – all listed below.
Dial *544*8# to check Equitel balance for any active bundle
This is one of the quickest way to get your bundle balance.
All you have to do is dial *544*8#, press the call button and wait for a text message with your balance details.
Here is an example of an SMS you are likely to get: Your airtime balance as of 01/10/19 at 09:25:21 is KSh 5.01, 7.00 MB, 0.00 Min, 7 SMS.
What active bundle did I have at the time of writing this post? The daily 7 MB + 7 SMS at KSh 6 Data Plus bundle.
Use this method to check the balance of any active bundle you have.
From the SMS, you can see how many minutes you have left, how much data you have left and how many text messages you can still send.
So, anytime you want to quickly check your Equitel Data Plus (data), Jipimie (data + minutes + text) or Ongea bundles (minutes + text), just dial *544*8# and wait for the text message with your balance details.
Dial *544# on Equitel to check bundle balance
To use this method:
- Dial *544# on your phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
- Reply with 99 to view more items on the menu / go to the next page. Press Send
- Reply with 8 to Check balance
- Wait for an SMS with your balance details
Here’s how mine looks like: Your airtime balance as of 01/10/19 at 09:28:21 is KSh 5.01, 7.00 MB, 0.00 Min, 7 SMS.
At the time of writing this post I had an active Data Plus bundle – the 7MB + 7SMS at KSh 6 daily bundle.
How is this different from the method above?
They both get you to the same destination.
The other method just gets you there faster – but not as fast as what I am about to show you next.
Dial *144# as if checking your Equitel airtime balance to get your bundle balance details too
So, immediately I dial *144#, this pops up on my screen: Your airtime balance as of 01/10/19 at 09:35:21 is KSh 5.01, 7.00 MB, 0.00 Min, 7 SMS.
Dial *100# to check bundle balance on Equitel
- Dial *100#
- Reply with 3 to access the Buy Bundles menu
- Reply with 11 to Check Bundle and press Send
You’ll be notified of your bundle balance details immediately. Here’s what pops on my screen: Your airtime balance as of 01/10/19 at 09:37:21 is KSh 5.01, 7.00 MB, 0.00 Min, 7 SMS.
- Go to your device’s main menu and locate the Equitel SIM toolkit menu
- Select My Phone from the menu
- Select Equitel Self Service
- Select option 3. Buy Bundles and press Send
- Reply with 11. to Check Bundle balance and press Send
You’ll then see a notification formatted as follows: Your bundle balance as of 01/10/2019 08:25 is data 0.00 MB, sms 0.
So this method would work well if you’re checking how much data of your Ongea or Data Plus bundle is still left.
Why check your bundle balance on Equitel
- To see if what you have left is enough for your daily, weekly or monthly needs.
- To see if it is time to top up and buy another bundle from the Data Plus, Jipimie or Ongea bundles menu. You can buy airtime from your Equity Bank Kenya account or M-PESA. Or ask a friend to share their airtime with you via Equitel Gawa Credo transfer service.
- To inspire you to learn more about other bundles Equitel offers depending on how fast (or slowly) your bundle is running out.
What to do before you check your Equitel bundle balance
Just make sure you have an active bundle.
The methods would still work even if you haven’t purchased a bundle yet.
Only thing is that you’ll see zeroes (for MBs, Minutes and Texts) because … you haven’t purchased any bundles yet.
What to do after checking your Equitel bundle balance
Keep enjoying your purchase. If your bundle allows you to make calls, send text messages and browse the internet, enjoy doing all three – for the duration the bundle stays active (24 hours, 7 days or 30 days).
If your bundle only permits calling and sending SMS, go through those minutes and texts with glee.
If your bundle only gets you data, enjoy browsing the web on Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Opera or any other web browser on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
To learn more about Equitel, check this post: Equitel USSD Codes to Top Up, Buy Airtime, Check Balance, Data Bundles, Phone Number, SIM Card & Website.